Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Elephant Village and what would be one of my most exciting days in Laos

Well, I just wrote this very big blog about my day at Elephant Village and how it was one of the best days of my stay here in Laos. I published it and then somehow lost it all back to draft stage of pictures but no words.  grrr..  So I don't feel like spending all that time to go into all the details again and now will just summarize.  So, oh faithful readers (all 4 of you)

With less than a week less it was time to finally take my mom up on last years birthday gift, an elephant ride.  I did a half day tour and the bathing segment and at no point in the day was I unhappy or not with a shit eating grin smile.  Weather was lovely, elephants even lovelier. Elephants are my favorite animal and I loved every second of being with them. The washing was incredibly nice as you felt like you were helping them to feel a lit better. I mean, who doesn't like their back scratched?

Many thanks to my mom and Elephant Village for making this great day possible.  Elephant Village is an elephant camp here in Laos who takes pride in their care and responsibility for both the elephants and the nature around the camp. There are a lot of cruel camps in Laos and Thailand, but Elephant Village is setting the mark for how a camp should act.

and also.. thanks to the elephants. :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment