Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

a mixed range of emotions... and fast

I know I've been bad at posting recently. I've sort of settled into daily life in Laos and found that what others might find exciting just normal to me. Who wants to write or read about normal, right?  Well, things are going to chance soon.... real soon. Why?

Because I'm moving.... to....


(wait for it)





Bhutan!!!





(if you are unfamiliar with this small Kingdom, please do yourself a favor and google it)

In a short notice, last minute sort of thing the hotel with which I work needed a yoga teacher for their Bhutan branch.

YES!!!!!

The only issue is it gives me 10 days (6 now) to get everything ready, packed, mailed, goodbye'd and all the fun stuff that comes with moving.  It's not too short of a time but it ain't too long either.

So now we find our hero with a lot to do and not a lot of time. He also has a ton of emotions, both happy and sad.. I've been here for the last 10.5 months and found somewhat of a life here to which I now have to say goodbye to. Luckily my traveling somewhat nomadic lifestyle has made this easier., but it never is fully easy.

I am so happy to be going to Bhutan and for 2 months. Most people go for 2 days, maybe a week if lucky (or really just rich) and I'll have time there. Ecstatic!! But sad to leave as well. I actually find myself in the healthiest relationship I've ever been in which makes things tougher as well. A friend of mine commented that maybe me being in a healthy relationship is more rare than the chance to go to Bhutan. So did I make the wrong choice?  Of course not, this is a once and a lifetime opportunity and life goes on. and life is good... real good.

But I've got a shitload to do in the next 6 days, and being awake at 5:30am to write blog posts isn't the best use of my time. but my mind is whizzing with what I need to do and so sleep is tough and meditation even harder. Shutting my million mile/sec brain down is going to be tough. So let's hope I get everything done and still feel rested. Did I mention I'm getting more work these days too??? Af all the times you want less work this is it.  Though the extra money helps pad the moving and last minute gift expenses so it really is all cyclical and works for a reason.

So I'm off to go out and do instead of sleep. Another busy day (after 2 months of no busyness what-so-ever). A busy day of work and elephant rides and work. Shit, it's tough but somehow I make it work.



No comments:

Post a Comment