Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

PoTD - Nice Stache

Last month I went to the wedding of a friend of a friend of a friends. (something that is somewhat common in Laos)  While there I met this fellow.  He couldn't speak English nor me Lao but we bonded over facial here.  In a country (hell, a continent!!) where the men can't really grow any facial hair, this man was an anomaly... and he looked good.  It looked like a sort of Vietnamese mustache, but nope he was full on Lao.

In a small town where everyone knows each other, no one seems to know the mysterious mustache man. He just showed up out of nowhere and disappears, adding a little pizzaz into things.

A few weeks later I would pass him on the street and we spoke briefly (where you go? I go work) and then again he disappears from my life. At least we'll always have this moment together, Mr Lao Mustache Man.



No comments:

Post a Comment