Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

PoTD - Little hands cause big pain

Meet Ba Mon. (Ba means auntie or older lady in Lao). Mon is a 65year old lady who was trained in massage many years ago and worked for the Lao Red Cross before getting too tired from all the daily massages and heading out on her own. A sort of rogue masseuse. She'll come to your place, give you an AMAZING massage and charges about $6.25usd an hour. She's a tiny old lady who will cause you SO MUCH PAIN. but in a good way. I'm getting a 2 hour massage every week from her now. And while it hurts sometimes during her work (excruciating pain while she opens up blockages in your sen, or energy lines) it also feels great the next day and after. I am finding myself more open and looser following sessions with her.  I'm flexible because of yoga but I always have tightness. But with her, the tightness is going away. slowly and painfully. It's all worth it, though. It's even funny in some ways. I'll tell her in my broken Lao that "I like you but i also hate you." Today she gave me a tissue and said in Lao "It's ok to cry if you want." And then laughed at me. We have a swell relationship and even though she laughs when she hits those points that send me into immediate convulsions, I laugh as well with her and it makes the experience all the more authentic.  I can get free nice glitzy massages from work, but I prefer to spend time with my Ba Mon. If you come to Lao, I'll get you a taste of her powerful little hands and elbows. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment