Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Written on the train to Haikou

I just found this writing I did while sitting on the train/ferry to Haikou. If you read the train blog posted before this, you'll see how I mention and show a picture of how hot the ride was.  I meant to include it in the blog about the ride itself but forgot all about it.  So here it is in all its glory.



I've never wanted a shower so badly as right now. The only time more than this that I've ever wanted to shave my beard was in an incredibly hot yoga class where I was in headstand and sweat was pouring from my beard into my mouth and nose. Its hot to say the least. Stale air fills the car as we're locked in and only a few small windows can be opened. Outside is windy and wet and as I watch the trees blow in the wind from my seat, I desperately want to break a big window and run outside. I came down with a small fever of sorts yesterday and still had it today. I don't know of a moment when I wasn't sweating on the train. Be it cold or warm, sweat was always protruding from my skin. Lovely thought, isn't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment