Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 9 - On Inle Lake (Part 3)

The highlight of Inle Lake for a lot of people is the floating gardens.  While these were impressive, our guide didn't do any guiding so we didn't really know what we were looking at, besides a lot of tomatoes.  I don't know how the gardens are able to "float" as they do, the history or anything else really.  When I have decent internet I plan to do a little more research on the matter.  More fun and exciting for me was the jumping cat monastery. The story goes something like this… a monk or monks were finding ways to kill time when reading scriptures and trained cats to jump through a hoop.  When we went to see it there were no monks to lead the jumping but I through a fit and then a lady, who apparently is the one who leads the cats now, came out and started the show.  Basically, she'd tempt the cats with food. They'd jump and then get food.  After it was done she let me have a go and it was really fun, except the cats kept getting stuck in my hoop, I think I was supposed to move it back more once they were in the air.  Anyways, it was really fun and everyone around had a huge smile on their face.  Simple but good times always prevail.





















No comments:

Post a Comment