Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 10 - Inle to Bagan


Day 10 was a travel and recoup day.  I'd wake up at 5:15 to meet people at 5:30 to take a taxi to the next town where we catch the bus to Bagan.  Then I'd be on the bus for 10 hours, passing beautiful country, teak stock yards, land being prepared for the chinese pipeline going in, and tons of temple and pagodas in the distance.  After checking in at the hotel I'd do laundry as my clean undies had all but run out. After I'd meat up with a very charming mother and son pair who I met on the bus and we'd get some really tasty (albeit too oily) sardine curry with the usual medley of burmese side dishes.  Again I'd have to go to bed as the next day would have me waking at 4:45 to catch a horse drawn buggy to see sunrise from a temple in the Bagan plains.









No comments:

Post a Comment