Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

PoTD - Hardly Chinese

They call it chinese food, and authentic at that, but the two places in Thimphu that serve Chinese food are nothing close to any of the chinese food I've ever had in my life.  At Chopsticks, the more known local chinese food joint, they serve sichuan rice missing the key ingredient... sichuan pepper.  Now this wouldn't be a big deal as it's hard to get in most parts of the world, except the peppercorn grows natively here in Bhutan.  It was a huge disappointment for me, as a Jew I need to have chinese food every now and then... it's in my blood (well, sort of).  Alas, I think I will need to wait till next month when I leave Bhutan to have proper chinese food again (I'm looking at you BKK Chinatown)



No comments:

Post a Comment