Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Takins... Round 2

When I was in Xian, China I discovered an animal I had never seen before. The Takin. A sort of goat meets cow hybrid of an Antelope.  The chinese one was yellow, these a darker color.  Sadly, I couldn't get too close as the fences prohibited this as well a making it hard to get a good shot of the animals. The Takin is the national animal of Bhutan, which makes sense as they are a very peaceful and seemingly happy animal.

The nature reserve also had a few other animals such as deer and antelopes of various sorts.  Not the most exciting of zoo type places, but always cool to see newer (to me) types of animals.









No comments:

Post a Comment