Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

perverted bhutan, or maybe just me

The phallus is a holy symbol in many countries, Bhutan being one of them. So just like many people want a Ganesh statue or a Christ one, well.... some people want to pray to penis.  So you have stores selling wooden phalluses.  It's not really perverted, but westerners like to think it is.  Westerners (or maybe just me) also always giggle at the signs saying "restaurant cum bar" or "snooker cum bar."  I was told cum means something like "and" in Indian. I'm not sure, but until I know for a fact I have no urge to enter a cum bar.






No comments:

Post a Comment