Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten. Round 2

One of my favorite places to visit in Bhutan is Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten. It's a beautiful stupa on top of a hill overlooking a valley with a river running through it.  I find that I can have peaceful thinking when there, clear thoughts as well as this wonderful feeling of contentment from being in such a beautiful place.  This visit found me there during a festival of some sort. There were numerous monks praying and walking around as well as local people painting the surrounding stupas. I found out that the queen mother was going to be there as well, though I found this out after I left. Every other guest who went met her, but I sadly did not. :(

Last time I posted photos from here I didn't get a good shot of the chorten. This time I wanted to show you all a little more of the stupa itself. I wish you could all go there and feel the presence that is felt when at Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten.




No comments:

Post a Comment