Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, April 2, 2012

...enlightenment... or something like it.


While talking to my brother today about how difficult adjusting back to life in the US will be, he commented on me being spiritually enlightened. I'm not, and far from. While wishing my friend and yoga training partner Steph a happy birthday today she joked about this being the year of spiritual enlightenment.

So maybe with these both in the back of my mind I was thinking many things along my hike today. I took a "scenic route" and ended up lost in rice paddies. Visited a beautiful stupa and mingled with cows grazing. Indeed lots of time to think and a beautiful place for it. And like out of some Indian epic story, one of the secrets of enlightenment came to me. Are you ready for it?

Enlightenment, is.

That's it. No more, no less. Well, lots more but not really. Enlightenment, is. And I'm far from "it" but maybe this little "blue sky "piece of the puzzle is more important than the corner piece that so obviously connects the easy to find big nubbed pieces. Or maybe I'm just a little cukkoo.


Those were some thoughts I had while walking from the lodge to the Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten. It was one of the most beautiful and inspiring chortens I had ever been to (and I've been to a lot).  On the way to the chorten I got lost in some rice paddies and found myself trespassing in someone's yard, and was nearly forced to hop a barbed wire fence before I noticed a small bamboo gate that I could move a piece aside to crawl through. Eventually I made it to the top and found myself just sitting, thinking and breathing while I overlooked the beautiful valley. The way down and back was much easier and I found I was contemplating so much, but also not really thinking at all. Sort of tired and ready to go back to take a nap. Punakha is a very beautiful place.

Oh and the guy with my sunglasses.. a farmer who walked by and really wanted to wear my glasses so I let him and then snapped a photo. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment