Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pre: Friend Arrival

I am lying in bed and can't sleep as I'm very excited. why so excited? Well, tomorrow my good friend Steph comes to town. The last few weeks have been filled with friends from out of town but Steph represents something different. Now, don't go getting the wrong idea… it's not like that. Steph was in my core group during my yoga training, it's more like family. But what she represents is my last self before travel. See, I've met up with my best friend on this trip and I've met up with old friends from NY days. Last week Adam and Kaja were in town, and though also like family and i love them deeply they are friends from this trip. They are friends from this stage of life. Steph is from the part of my life right before I got on the plane to start this journey. I haven't seen anyone from my SF life since I left. Email and an occasional video chat but not a real life in the flesh person. Am I still the same person? Is that life still there for me when I return? Questions like this are what's brought up when I think about seeing Steph. More than a person I truly care about and am excited to get to spend time with, Steph being here also represent a marker. A where I was and who I was vs the Andy writing this post. I shouldn't get to heady about it, but I've had a few glasses of Pastis tonight and these things can happen. Let's just say that I'm super glad to get to spend the next few days with a good friend, a sister, and a part of my life that I miss greatly.


1 comment:

  1. I love having this adventure through you. Thanks for always being so open ad enthusiastic. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete