Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

PotD - Let's Jam

A few weeks ago they were making jam at the house I was staying at and it seemed pretty easy so I decided to try making my own. I bought some pineapples and headed over to my friend Amy's house. After cutting the fruit in the same way I was taught from my previous guesthouse, we then started to cook it up. Amy suggested putting some chili in the mix and I thought it sounded like a great idea so dropped a few peppers in and also a little ginger. Jam is incredibly easy to make but very time consuming. This picture is of the product in the middle of being made. The final product wasn't exactly as I had hoped for but still tasty. More of a chutney than a jam but I am happy with it. For me one of my favorite parts of cooking is that I enjoy not only eating the final product but also sharing it with friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment