Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hue Run

I had to make a day run from China Beach to Hue to pick up a pair of shoes mailed to me there. (I'll write more about this later, but essentially I bought a pair of Merrell's that fell apart real quick. Their customer service dept mailed me a new pair)

It was a fun 100km ride each way. On the way back I blew out my sparkplug, which was exhilirating but also scary. Imagine being in the middle of basically no where and having your bike just stop working on you. At first, you don't know why but then logic sinks in and you're able to pinpoint the problem. That's one of the nice things about driving a minsk, it's very simple so when something is wrong you can find out what it is by looking at it systematically and logically.

On the way to Hue I took a wrong turn and ended up on a mountain pass away from most things, including petrol stations. I ran out of gas but luckily was near an area where a new resort was being built. The workers had a little canteen like area and over there was a lady selling petrol in green tea bottles. This was how I got more gas in my tank.

On the road was a buddhist monk making his way along the highway with his followers. The next day on the ride back I would pass him again.

On the top of Hai Van Pass. It seems like there is always fog.

Temple at the top.

looking out from near the top of the pass.

same spot as previous photo only this one shows where the fog begins near the top.

The clouds make it seem as if this is a floating island. don't worry, it's not.


No comments:

Post a Comment