Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Buon Ma Thuot

Before Dalat we stopped in the town of Buon Ma Thuot. We didn't expect too much besides a small town to use as a base for seeing natural wonders and rest before Dalat. We were pleasantly surprised. Though nothing huge or special, BMT has a great feel to it. The people are friendly and there is much less of the trying to rip you off that other Vietnamese cities have. In addition to all this the town is known for it's coffee. The coffee here was some of the best I've ever had. It's in the area where most of Vietnam's coffee is grown and the local shops take their blends serious. I look forward to one day going back, just for some great coffee.

A local dish of make your own spring rolls. The ingredietns are a fried rice paper that you put inside of a regualr rice wrap. Bun (rice vermicelli), veggies, herbs and pork are also added in.

che, vietnamese desert. This was milk, some gelatinous stuff, beans and other tasty treats. plus it looks pretty.

we had a juice spot we regularly visited. on the left is avocado and ice cream, behind it was my durian and avocado mix shake and to the right was a yogurt and fruit mix. All so tasty.

Here is the grandmother of the hotel we stayed at with me. She was a character and we adored her. Such a loving and funny lady. One day I was working on my bike and she came up behind me and hit me on the head. I turned around and she offered me bread. It sounds maybe harsh, but was very endearing.

One night I made a big dinner for the three of us. A mix of chinese cooking, vietnamese, and some european. And all for little money, I love going to the markets.


No comments:

Post a Comment