Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Hoi An Lantern Festival

I happened to be in Hoi An for one of their lantern festivals. The old town is decorated with tons of lanterns and you can also buy candles to float down the river. I loved Hoi An when I was there 3 years ago, but this go around not so much. However I don't think I ever saw the waterfront as pretty as it was this night.

candles floating on the water

lanterns, lanterns everywhere


A pig lantern. very intricate

giant cat lantern

Cau lau noodles, a Hoi An specialty

a pho like soup that is also a Hoi An specialty. Sadly, I forget the name of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment