Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sichuan Hotpot

Sichuan is known for their spice, a mix of chili peppers, oil and the special Sichuan pepper (which will numb your mouth like nothing you've ever felt before). On the same lines, Sichuan is known for their hotpot. A group of us from the hostel met up with my friend Su for hotpot while in Chengdu. Most of us being food type people, we wanted it spicy. REAL SPICY. What follows are some pictures of an amazingly delicious meal. Truth be told though, I didn't find it THAT spicy. That is until I sneezed while having a mouth full of spicy oil which proceeded to go up and touch my brain and then come out my nose. It was like no other pain I've ever known (nor hope to know again).

We got a hotpot with 9 separate compartments It allows you to cook different foods in each.

The whole gang.

stomach on the left and pork meatballs in front.

things are starting to bubble

putting in some eel (super tasty)

dropping in the duck tongues. I usually like duck tongues but I think I may have had one early and not quite cooked. i blame this as to why later on in the night (3:45am to be exact) I awoke running from my bed and vomited up something fierce.

mmmmm…. tripe. didn't need long to cook and was delicious!


having just had oil come out my nose. yeah, I'm loving life. look how red my face is, almost matches my beard.

but hey, at least I can look happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment