Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

In and around Chengdu

Pictures from the week I was in Chengdu while I was waiting for my visa to be renewed.

This was a delicious little snack. Sort of like a biscuit but inside of it was egg, sausage and chives. I had no idea anything was inside and just needed some bread for my stomach. A pleasant little surprise.

Sichuan specialty, rabbit head.

rabbit head broken at the jaws to get to the meat more easily.

top of the rabbit head. Seth (behind me) was not a fan of this item.

rabbit jerky.

black swan in a park

we went for a day in a small village outside of chengdu city center. walking around a lake we came across a bunch of baby ducks

nice view from a higher point around the lake.

how does one say this name?

ktv, karaoke chinese style. wine, beer, chicken feet and other bony parts and popcorn.

doing some great Hall and Oates renditions.

Su and I cooked dinner for some of her friends. I'm making some greens here.



watching my kimchi chigae cook and preparing a fish dish (which didn't come out so great)

The finished meal

Li, Su and me in front of dinner. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment