Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Fasting sucks

No, I don't have the wrong holiday. I know it's passover and not Yom Kippur. I'm not fasting for religious reasons, per se. Zarina, the other girl staying at Santi-Suk (my current residence in Korea) fasts every monday as part of her religious practice. I decided that this monday (today) I would fast with her as well. It would not be for any religious value but more so because yesterday I ate a good amount of food while in town and also because currently I am going through some life things and I felt the fast could be good for body and soul.

Well, I'm not sure how good it is but I know that I am incredibly hungry right now. I took a very big nap today either because I was actually tired or just had low blood sugar. I have 45minutes more to go and I am ravenous!!! But I did stick through with it, even though I had many times when I thought it was pointless and I should just go eat a bowl of rice and kimchi. I know that taking one day off from eating isn't really that difficult and I am sure there is more meaning behind the why and how and what I did or could learn from this.

The good news is that each minute I take writing this post, is one minute closer to dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment