Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

PotD - Pig Teaser

This little piggy did not make it to get to go to the market. In fact looking at this picture I'm reminded of the lord of the flies chant "Kill the pig, Cut her throat, Spill her blood." I plan to post more photos soon of the Hmong Ceremony I went to where a pig was slain. Let me just tell you this, killing a pig is a lot harder than killing a sheep. The sound they make is HORRIBLE and the way they squirm and shake is very spastic and if you're not strong enough then the pig can flop around causing itself more pain. Not the easiest experience of my life, but I'm glad I was able to partake in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment