Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Li River Cruise

I am borrowing the following summary of the Li River cruise, that I took to get to Yangshuo from Guilin, from a webpage that summed it up better than I would have been able to.
"The Li River cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo is the centerpiece of any trip to northeastern Guangxi Province. Gorgeous Karst peaks give you surprises at each bend of the limpid river under the blue sky. Water buffalo patrol the fields, peasants reap rice paddies, school kids and fisherman float by on bamboo rafts. With its breathtaking scenery and taste of a life far removed from the concrete metropolis, the scenery along the Li River become one of China's top tourist destinations."
We cruised down the river, a bunch of random thrown together travelers from the same hostel. The boat ride was beautiful and peaceful and I promise you these pictures don't do it justice at all. I'm not going to write to many explanation in this post. For the most part it's all about the nature.

Our vessel of sailing. A "bamboo" raft that actually was made of PVC instead of bamboo but painted to look like bamboo.




















I though the color of this red butterfly was beautiful especially contrasting on the blue bag.















water buffalo grazing around us.



















Lunch of yummy fish heads.


The view from where I was sitting.

This is apparently a famous view. you'll see why in the next picture.

A cigarette box with the former view on it.

our hero!


Another famous view. This scene is on the back of the 20 yuan bill

No comments:

Post a Comment