Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, November 22, 2010

The Road to Tiger Leaping Gorge

After a few days at Lugu Hu, I was back in Lijiang for a night before heading a different degree of north to go to Tiger Leaping Gorge. Instead of staying in old town Lijiang I went north a few km to Shuhe, an old town for Lijiang. A lot less tourist filled streets with fewer generic shops hocking the same shit and much more quiet and peaceful at night.

In the morning I was off to TLG, just a few hours away. The ride to the gorge was beautiful as the city transformed from busy life to secluded farms, rolling snow capped mountains and bubbling streams.

Starting the morning off by writing postcards and having some tibetan sweet milk tea.

scenery along the way

farm fields with mountains in the back.


beautiful valley

during a bathroom break I was forced to be a human jack and hold the bus up. I bet you had no idea I was that strong.

In just a day I'd be walking along these beautiful mountains


No comments:

Post a Comment