Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

making udon

I think it was my third or maybe fourth night while staying with Kazuko-san but she told us we'd be making udon that night. As a fan of noodles in general, I was very stoked. Starting with just flower and water we built up the base of what would become a delicious and exciting meal. It started with just Wanda (the other wwoofer here) and me listening to Kazuko-san explaining to us what the process was. A littler later Ishekawa (no idea if that's how his name is spelled or even pronounced, so apologies for that) came by. He is one of Kazuko-san's student volunteer assistants.

the start of the process, flour, water and Kazuko-san!

wanda getting the base started

me and some dough

Ishekawa rolling it out

spreading the dough out and then cutting it in half

chopping the dough into what will be tasty udon noodles

noodles, ready for boling

the final product ready for the masses. don't forget the bamboo. and of course Kauko-san is laughing, as she's always having a good time.

add a little sushi to the mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment