Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Last Days of Ramen :(

In my last days in Japan I did my best to eat as much ramen as possible before not being able to eat it for a long time. I think I did a good job. One of the highlights was eating at Ivan Ramen, in Setagaya, and getting to talk to Ivan about ramen and his relation/history with it. Ivan is an ex NYC chef who moved to Tokyo to open up at ramen shop. His shop is very popular with ramen junkies and after going there I could see why.

my couchsurfing host Miki and her sister took me to their favorite ramen shop. A tasty shio ramen.

At Ivan ramen, a spicy based pork ramen. different than other ramens but very Oishi!! (japanese for delicious)

Miki slupring down her shoyu (soy sauce) ramen

Ivan and I. Lovers of ramen, UNITE!

while waiting to meet up with the people to go climb Fuji, I stopped in Yokohama for ramen. I picked the spot that had a huge line outsite. Well worth it. This was their ichiban (most popular) ramen. A shio base with nori (seaweed) as a topping ramen. They also had very nice gyoza here.

At sunrise on the top of Mt Fuji they open up the top station and besides providing some warmth they also sell a few select foods. Curry and ramen are in that mix and I went with ramen. Definitely not the best ramen I've ever had, but at that time and place it couldn't have been more welcomed.

Coming home from climbing fuji we stopped at a rest area where I had my last ramen in Japan. A black miso with corn and egg ramen. A little salty, but what a way to leave on.


No comments:

Post a Comment