Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fushimi Inari at Night

One of my first nights in Kyoto I decided to walk around Fushimi Inari, based on the advice of a fellow couchsurfer in Busan (thanks Liam) The trail of thousands of Torii is radically different at night vs the day view. Walking alone at night I felt a very spiritual presence as I walked through and around the many glowing orange Torii.

The entrance to the Shrine

and so the path begins...

do you take the blue pill, or the red?

I went left

and the trail keeps going

Big gates, little gates, Torii of all sizes and colors

I tried to capture the night sky with the glowing Torii but I don't think it came out so well

A fox, as they are said to represent the messengers of Inari (god of rice and sake.. my kind of god)

hey, i know that guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment