Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hanoi living

Alright, I'm back after a long hiatus. Expect photos and stories to be flowing in.

This first set is from our time in Hanoi. We ended up spending a little more time than expected as we bought some Minsk motorbikes and had to deal with a mass amount of work on them. But eventually all got sorted and we started to head south. I will say I've never loved Hanoi, however I did like it more this time. I still prefer the south for weather and way of living, but the city did grow on me a bit.

First (of many) banh mi in Vietnam.

We went out to try some cooking schools student training lunches. They take troubled or poor kids and give them training in cooking and then send them to work at hotels or restaurants. great concept, food not so great .

motorbike learning. adam goes for a spin.

and then Kaya goes for a ride.

I'm a little slower to learn. Also a bit bigger.

but I get going.

this bike is a little smaller than mine, so I don't think I look as huge on my minsk.

Hanoi pho bo (beef soup). I prefer the southern variety but this is still good stuff.

reminding the north how US rolls.

bun cha.... grilled pork and spring rolls over rice noodles with mixed greens and herbs.



the bun cha... so tasty.

we have a toast to our bikes and spray them with champagne as is Polish tradition.

getting some of much work done on our bikes before heading south.

Inside theTemple of Literature

A mini banyan type tree. maybe it's a bonzai banayn?

The main place of worship at the Temple of Literature.


No comments:

Post a Comment