Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

god bless the internet

Today I had the privilege of videochatting with my family who were all down in DC to celebrate my nephew Eli's 1st birthday. My niece is a madhouse of noise and energy but just look how adorable she is. And my nephew is actually looking cute as well. Not sure where they get these genes, but we'll take them!

It was a year ago this time that I was also in DC to celebrate Eli's birth. It just occurred to me that it's been a year since I've last seen my brother and his fam in person. Time flies when you're traveling I guess. Or maybe the internet makes it all seem so close as the emails, calls, photos and videochats have us all so connected into one another's lives that we can go longer with out actually seeing each other and still feel like we have.

Anyways, it's 12:30am and I'm dead tired and starting to fade. Happy Birthday to my birthday boy nephew and I hope his adorable sister doesn't get too jealous of all his attention this weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment