Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

...and I'm back... for a little while.

received a few messages from people wondering where I am. I'm here, just not "here" online. I've been staying at a beach guesthouse with no internet. Morning runs on the beach, yoga with the sounds of the ocean (and construction, it is Vietnam after all) on the horizon, cooking/preparing most of our meals. oh yeah, and spending time fixing the bikes. It's actually a pretty nice life. We'll prob stay here a bit longer as the cost of a room is $3 a night and we rather enjoy being away from all the commotion and tourist hoo-haa.

Below is something I wrote the other night that I thought I'd share with y'all.

love from 'Nam

Tonight when driving home from Hoi An to my hostel I had some local kids throw some rocks at me. I don't need to explain how dangerous a rock being thrown at a motorcycle driver could be. I was very upset and went back to confront the kids, at which point they ran away. I continued back home and then I had this remembrance of hiding behind the Knight's wall and when a car would drive by we'd throw crabapples at it. Slowly my anger and frown turned into a chuckle and smile of sorts. Sometimes it really all does come around. And children are a blessing and wonderful. But children are also really pain in the asses… just ask my mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment