Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Yoga While We Wait

This is a post from a few months back, but I never got around to putting it up.

I was waiting for my friend Mei to get done with her 3 day trek from Thimphu to Paro and went to go meet her and her guide at the end. I had been designing a yoga mat bag made from local textile designs to fit my slightly wider mat so happened to have my mat in the car. Since there was an unknown time to wait I thought I'd lay the mat out to get some yoga out in the nature.  While my self portrait doesn't nearly do justice to anything I hope you can get a sense of how nice it was to be in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by beautiful nature (and grazing horses) practicing yoga.  I had hoped to get more yoga in nature and photos of it during my tenure in Bhutan but most of the time I'm there it's too cold to practice outside.




No comments:

Post a Comment