Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Meditation Point

I've written a few times about the Khamsum Yuelley Namgyal Chorten in Punakha as it is one of my most favorite places in the country. On one day this past autumn I hiked to the chorten carrying my Manduka yoga mat and my very old bura, a raw silk fabric usually used for womens skirts but which I use as a shawl. I laid the mat down, did some simple stretching and then sat down for a good meditation session.  The environment proves perfect for this sort of activity as there is just something in the air here that screams SPIRITUALITY. (and that is coming from someone who isn't too spiritual)

It was a clean, clear and happy meditation period and well worth the hike out there.  Looking forward to more time there next season. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment