Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Khamsum Yuelley Namgyal Chorten

One of my favorite places to visit in Bhutan is the Khamsum Yuelley Namgyal Chorten in Punakha Valley.  To get there from the lodge one has to walk through beautiful rice fields, which are over flowing this time of year, and then hike a small incline up to the top of the hill.  What I learned this time which I never knew before was that inside the chorten there are stairs that take you up and you can go to the roof where there is a buddha as well as spectacular views.  I originally went just for meditation in a sacred space but was treated to much more by overlooking the valley from higher heights and taking in all it's beauty.













No comments:

Post a Comment