Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Bumthang Fire Dance


I was sent to Bumthang to help the spa staff during the busy few days of the Bumthan Tsetchu (festival). The lodge usually has 1-4 rooms of occupancy as it's a bit remote but these days it was completely full.  The benefit of being out there during this time was that I got to see the festival as well, at least most of it.  The festival begins with a fire burning festival that was quite impressive.  Hanging fiery trees or shrubs are hung around a gate like object while people run through to, I'm guessing, cleanse sins.  I ran through, and was afraid of catching on fire as I was dressed in numerous layers of clothes to ward of the near freezing cold. brrrr….






No comments:

Post a Comment