Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ubud Monkey Forest

One of the best thing to do in Ubud (IMO) is visit the monkey forest. It's a small forested area where three different groups of macau monkeys live and run rampant.  Besides being cute, they are also great thieves. Numerous people lose things as the monkeys are smart and quick to grab. While I was sitting and writing in my journal two different little guys came over and at first were sweet but then shortly after they tried to grab my iphone from one pocket and camera from another. Adorable but naughty monkeys.  

Everyone I saw was having a fun time watching and feeding the monkeys. You could buy bananas, extremely overpriced, from local sellers and then feed monkeys. There is something about watching and playing with monkeys that just brings the best out in everyone.

A few weeks later I had to drive nearby the forest on a small road that borders it.  The monkeys were all over the road and swinging above me, it was possibly the coolest ride I had ever driven.











No comments:

Post a Comment