Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, May 11, 2012

The Flight Out Of Bhutan

Well, it had to happen at some point.  My 2.5month contract in Bhutan ran out. So after finally getting adjusted and used to being in Bhutan, I was quickly and somewhat shortly whisked away back to SE Asia.  It was a little hard on the heart. I had finally made huge progress getting to know much of the staff and was getting to be on good familiar terms with many people in the country. Alas, that is the travelers life. I am fortunate enough to have gotten to be there at all.

The flight was a bit bumpy.  As the second photo shows, there were many points when you couldn't even see out the window as the clouds were so thick.  But we made it through ok, and arrived in a very different world of Bangkok.  It went from cold and clean air to hot, humid and dirty thick air.  From a small spread out population to a densely packed over populated area.

I will head north to Chiang Mai to do another massage course and will stay in BKK a few days just to get a Myanmar visa and see some friends in the city.  I look forward to the slower vibed, less populated and cleaner city of Chiang Mai.

The last photo is of Tashi, the flight attendant.  He was the first Bhutanese person I met on my flight in and also the last one I left on my flight out.  I saw him a few times in town as he was friends with my friend Kara, and also Bhutan is still small enough where mostly everyone in a town knows everyone else (or sometimes in the surrounding towns as well.)







No comments:

Post a Comment