Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Bumdra Hike, Day 2

Day two started off in an unexpected way. I couldn't sleep well as I was very cold and also didn't want to miss the sunrise, so around 5am I woke up. Cold and tired, I trudged out from my tent and was greeted with a beautiful display of Himalayan peaks nestling over rising clouds.  I felt so special, and no one else was awake yet so I had it all to myself.  Eventually the other people rose from slumber but with the clouds rising, a lot of the beauty had begun to disappear. We did some yoga (another post on that), had breakfast, packed up and started the descent down to Tiger's Nest.  A beautiful hike, and even though most people go to Tiger's Nest, they don't go any higher so this means more solitude time. A few of us were even fortunate enough to see a mountain goat on a ledge. A first for me here.  A lovely day and a lovely hike, and a lovely hot bath when I got back to the lodge. ;)
















1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures.... Very cool.... you look the part.... what a beautiful place.... way good... so happy for you.... thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete