Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Jeans.. random

That's what my friend Corey said when I mentioned to him how his friend is giving me a pair of jeans.  But let me backtrack a little.

Having been in town for a while and planning to stay a little longer I've decided I'd like a pair of jeans. It's not great to longterm travel with jeans as they are heavy and don't dry quickly but at the moment I'm not traveling. So why not get some jeans? Well... to start off with I'm loads taller than almost everyone in this country, ex-pats included. So finding jeans in my length is near impossible. Scratch that.. it is impossible.

Last weekend a guy I know in town drunkenly asked me, "how come you never wear jeans?" I had to explain to him what I just explained above, but it left me wanting a pair of jeans more. The comfort as well as protection (especially when riding off roads on my motorbike.). There was a sense of longing with a knowledge that there was nothing I could do. And I was ok with it as it's just how it goes.

Flash forward to last Sunday night. I was having dinner with friends of one of my bestfriends from college, Corey.  I was explaining how it is nice living here but we can't get so many things, jeans being one of them. Matt asked, "What size are you?" Turns out that we're about the same size. Him and his wife were heading up to a ziplining treehouse place north of here, so he'd need them for that but when done he could leave them in Vientiane for me. WHAT?  really??? jackpot. They were nearing the end of their honeymoon travels and could get more jeans when home. but me? I was at a loss. Humanity at it's finest (well, maybe not the finest but damn great).

I've posted a bunch about how the universe is in tune with our needs and us asking for what we want and receiving it. It happens again and again and I couldn't be more pleased. Even when it doesn't happen it works out great. Like the Rolling Stones said, "You can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes you might find you get what you need." Well, not sure if I need them but I do want some jeans and so with Thanksgiving having just passed I should add that I am thankful for this (and so much more.)

No comments:

Post a Comment