Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, October 17, 2011

PoTD - My Man Leon

For those following my twitter, you've heard me talk about Leon quite a bit.  But who is this dog I keep referring to? Well, my friend left the country for a month and asked me to house and dog/cat sit for her. Not being the hugest fan of (and highly allergic to) cats I was pretty "meh" about that part but I love dogs so was excited.  Leon was a bit scared of me at first but slowly he grew to like me, then love me. And I grew to love him as well.  A very smart dog who is also beyond adorable, though a bit too playful at times.. Like when I'm in a rush and he wants to play and stay outside so will go run around the neighborhood.  But I know he means well. When I come home he hears my bike and starts banging on the door for me to let him out. As soon as that door is open, his yelping starts and he'll hop up on his two hind legs and give me a hug with the front two. It warms my heart every time I receive a Leon hug.  Some days his mom would take him to a store near where I work and he always comes running over to the door. One of the guys in the shop will say, "Hey isn't that the dog you used to watch" and I'll drop what I'm doing to go see Leon. A week or so ago Leon's moms car had some problems so she went to get help while Leon was with other people in the car. Well Leon, being Leon, hopped out to explore and then got lost. In a frantic state I was called to help look for him and of course I dropped all to go get that mut. After picking up mom, we headed out to where the car was and hoped to find him nearby. Well not even all the way there we found him. As I turned a corner, Leon heard my bike (a very distinct sound and one he knows well) and he popped out. Both relieved to find him and know he wasn't someone's dinner. 

Well, I'm back housesitting for one week, so I got my best friend back and I couldn't be happier.  I love this mut!



No comments:

Post a Comment