Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Ask and ye shall receive...

I took Leon for a nice long walk tonight. I had to go to the night market to get a gift for a cousin as well as maybe a t shirt or two for me as I'm teaching more yoga classes so need a few more t shirts.  On the way back home I saw something I've been looking for for a while, a beer lao hoodie.  It's getting colder here and I don't really have cold clothes, not that serious cold clothes are needed but sleeves could be nice. And lord knows I love a comfy hoodie. So I found some tonight. But they wanted 120,000 kip, like $15. Not much, but I didn't have too much money on me. Fact is, I hardly ever carry cash on me. Don't have, don't spend is my motto and it works great till I run out of gas somewhere.  Anyways I ended up getting it down to 100,000 kip but then there left the problem that this left me with 5,000kip for dinner. Not a lot of options so I figured I'd go home and get a little more kip and then eat around my area.  I started to get really hungry and then I saw a friend eating dinner with her friends. She invited me to sit and eat with them. It was like something from the universe giving, how could I resist.  I sat down and food started being poured on my plate. Leon was also given meat and bones, making for two happy beings.  One thing I will say about the Lao people (and most asian for that matter) is that when it comes to having a guest for dinner they will out do themselves to make the guest feel like royalty. They can be exceedingly giving for sure.  I ate a fair share but was getting tired so I said my thanks and goodbyes and headed home.  No sooner did I step in the door then I got a call from a friend inviting me to her friends bassi (lao celebration). I was dead tired but decided to make an appearance for maybe 30 minutes.  No sooner do I get there but freshly cooked pork and buffalo is being thrown down my throat. Never mind the fact that I was already full from the duck at the other friends dinner.  Maybe the universe listend too much, as my belly feels even bigger.  My last post may have  seemed a bit harsh on the Laos people and I hope to try to shine a positive light as well.

So thank you Laos and thank you universe, for listening to my grumbling and poor stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment