Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

PotD - Making Pancakes

I love pancake, and that is a scientific fact! I've gone miles out of my way just to eat some of the self declared "best" pancakes. But being in Asia, good pancakes are hard to find. Luang Prabang is full of French and Belgian people so pancakes usually means crepes which ain't what I am talking about when I say pancakes. No, I mean real soft, fluffy, big griddle cakes. Lucky for me I have a good friend here in Luang Prabang who is always looking out for my best interests and she suggested that we make pancakes one day. I was all down for this. And when eggs and bacon got thrown into the mix, well this just made things even better. A little while later brunch was served in pancakes, eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, and the company of some funny Lao guys. But t me, the best part was eating real, made from scratch, pancakes. Thanks Amy, and thank you to whomever invented the pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment