Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Cleveland Rocks and near death experiences...

In the morning I got up and headed to cleveland with two things in mind. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and Skyline chili. Apparently it's an Ohio thing.

upon arriving in Cleveland I set the GPS to take me to a skyline. Skyline Chili i found out is chili on spaghetti and sometimes hot dogs are in the mix as well. They also dump a shit load of cheese on it. Considering the day was very cold, the chili hit the spot.

Next up, Rock and Roll.
The hall of fame was impressive. It's a beautiful looking building and it's filled with tons and tons of.. well frankly.. rock and roll shit. I found at many points I was overwhelmed. There was music everywhere, artifacts all over the place, pictures, movies, stories... etc...etc... I was overloaded very quickly.

I did have a good time, but it was just a lot of sensory information going on. Also, my third music hall of fame in 4 days.

From Cleveland the plan was to go to Buffalo for wings.. sleep the night, then go to Niagara in the morning.. of course plans don't always go as you hope...


While driving up to Buffalo I hit a snow storm around Erie, Pa. The car I'm driving is a '97 mazda miata with summer tires. needless to say it is not a car for icy cold roads. I could feel that I didn't have the best traction but I figured the storm would pass by quickly, like maybe it was just a flurry. Well, I was wrong and I hit a patch of ice and proceeded to do a 720 over both lanes of the highway. I ended up on the far end of the highway with some car lights looking at me... shit, i was a bit scared. but i was alive. and the storm seemed to be passing, so i pressed on a little more past the next turn off as I felt i could go further. However, up ahead I just kept feeling less secure and less secure so I decided to eventually turn off. As I slowly went down the ramp i hit another ice patch and slid out of control doing about a 180 into a snow bank. The car was fine cosmetically , I was jarred mentally and also stuck on snow facing into oncoming traffic. Slowly i got the car unjarred and slipped into a nearby hotel for the night. Unsure if i would stay for the night or just wait the storm out I hung out in the hotel lobby using free wifi. after a talk with my rents, it was decided i should stay the night here. I was in no real hurry to get to buffalo so why not go in the morning.

I checked in and decided to get dinner. I found a local place on yelp that apparently was really good cheap chinese buffet type place so i went to check it out. Now I love cheap chinese food, love it. But I now know where the worst of this kind is... Erie, PA. This place was pure crap. nothing had flavor at all. it was protein, grease and that's about it. even the soft serve tasted poor. and they had a mongolian style thing going on, but the "chef" hardly heated the food. yay for cold broccoli. BUT... it was possibly the cheapeast dinner buffet i've ever been to, at around $7 so i guess i can't complain too much.

Back to the hotel to video chat with Jill and then turn in early to get up and drive to Niagara and Buffalo tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment