Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Get out from behind the camera...

.... and get into the scene!

"Get out from behind the camera, and get into the scene!"


This is a statement to all. Stop living behind your camera's, behind your phones, behind your fears.  Drop them, put them aside. Go out there and live this one life (or more for the Buddhists reading this) that we've been given.  I keep seeing too many of my "friends" online constantly barraging the web with self photos and photos of their every move.  When you take a photo of something you are not part of that something. Once you step into instagram (or whatever) mode you now are outside the scene. Disconnected from whatever was happening.  And when you share every little detail, does it maybe seem like maybe a scream for help. "I'm so insecure about my constant every move that I am BEGGING for your approval. Like this photo, give me more followers, feed my Ego."

Now this isn't to say that a photo or social share of whatever sort from time to time, even multiple times a day are bad.  (Heck, what is bad anyways.. but that's a post for another day.)  No, rather just a wake up call to start to see why we do what we do as well as what we are actually doing.  This can also lead into a deeper and deeper rabbit hole of self inquiry.

But please, don't "like" this post.   You can share it with people if you feel, but I'd rather not feed my own ego here and request you honor that. First off, I am guilty of much of what I write about. Secondly, I write this all for your enjoyment. I get the enjoyment from sharing my adventures with you all, that is my "like" of it.

Now get off from in front of this screen, close the blog, and go out and explore. Go do something new, exciting, familiar, comforting, nurturing.  But sign off and go do it. Do it now!! Because the next moment may be too late.  (and if you must, feel free to take a photo of yourself doing it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment