Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

off to the military regime of Myanmar

Early tomorrow morning I will fly to Yangon to spend the next 28 days in Burma... I mean Myanmar.  I expect little communications with the outside world, though I know that there are some spots for internet.  I've been wanting to go here for years so am very excited to see what the country has to offer. I am more than excited especially for Bagan, that place looks AMAZING!!

I spent the last few weeks outside of Chiang Mai in a small Lahoo (Thai ethnic minority) village studying thai massage a bit more and I hope to get some pictures up soon before I head off.  If not, well.. you'll just have to wait.  Apologies for the lack of posts and pictures, but the village didn't have internet and then the last few days since being back have been a blur...

Wish me safe travels, lord knows I don't want to end up in one of their prisons... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment