Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Making a choice

I try not to post anything negative online as I feel it’s so easy to do and most of the internet has become places of people just babbling negative and ignorant junk.  While it does happen, I do truly try hard to think and rethink about something before posting and sharing with the world.

Yesterday I was flying to the beautiful Turks and Caicos with a quick layover in Miami. The first flight was forced to land at a different airport, but just a 20min away. After a long delay there, we were bounced back to the first airport, Miami. On arrival I was informed from an app on my phone that my next flight was cancelled. I then had to go wait in a line to see what the story was. That line took 5 hours. No joke, it took 5 hours. 5 hours of standing, no sitting. 5 hours of watching people be “human beings” and try to cut lines, or try complain to staff, or just feel that they were generally more important than everyone else. Human nature! 5 hours to not post a negative comment even though it would have been so. 5 hours to sit and be. (with the occasional email to my family members updating them, though I did try me best to not be too big a whining twat with them). 5 hours to learn from whatever is being shown to us.

When I finally got through the line and was told my flight would be tomorrow, I had to then go to another location and get in another line to make sure my luggage was still here. They told me that my bag would be held till tomorrow and it was already checked for me. Cool! Except… my clothiers are in that. So this translated into, tomorrow you will not have clean clothes. Again, could be much worse. 

I may not be making it sound as horrible as it was, but it wasn’t great. It seemed as if everyone in the airport was unhappy, the thousands of people stranded for the night from weather cancellations as well as the staff doing their best to be helpful but getting mostly attitude.  


On the taxi ride to the hotel (I got the second to last room available at one place after trying numerous others) all I could think about was rolling out my yoga mat to have a safe and tranquil place. I made a choice, but really yoga taught me to make that choice. I could be unhappy at any little thing or I could be happy with everything. I chose the latter, what do you choose?



2 comments:

  1. Well done! The positive mindset is the best mindset. I must take up Yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd recommend it, Ron. If not just for the improvement it will bring to your golf game.

    ReplyDelete