Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Longte Hike

A hike I've always wanted to do in the Gangtey valley is the Longte hike. I'd been told by numerous guests how beautiful it was and that it was difficult.  Excited for a bit of a challenge and the chance to hang out with yaks, I headed off on the hike. It may have been the time of year I went, but I didn't find the trek so beautiful. The rhododendrons were not yet in bloom and the land was muddy and not quite pristine. Though there were many yaks wandering around which was exciting and beautiful. The hike was supposed to take 3 hours and we did it in far less, but the view when you get to the top was extraordinary and did help make the journey more rewarding.













No comments:

Post a Comment