Here now and now here or nowhere

The title of this blog comes from a play on words that "now here" is also the same letters as "nowhere" just with a space added in the middle. I am always trying to get better at being in the here and now, and I've always been a bit of a joker so that is why I chose this name.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Karma... is repeating itself

Written on December 3rd

Last time when I was nearing my exit from Bhutan I noticed that my credit card was near expiring. I diligently worked to get a replacement card to me here before I left, and had numerous hurdles to jump though. Turns out getting anything to Bhutan is always a hassle. I was able to eventually just mail it to my company's BKK work office and pick it up when I landed from from someone in that office. 

Well… last night I was extremely tired when moving from lodge to lodge late at night and at some point my waller fell out. With that was 1 credit card, 1 debit card, my work ID and about $30usd in cash.  The money I view as a donation made to whomever finds it. $30 may not mean so much to an American but to your typical rice farmer here in Bhutan it means a lot more. So I'm happy to make someone's day a lot nicer.  I remember when I was a child and I'd find $5 on the ground, it was such a huge thing (heck I still get excited about finding quarters!) so I'm happy to return the favour to the world. But having to deal with getting a credit and debit card mailed here is such a pain in the butt. I'm hoping this time it's less of a hassle, as I only have about 12 days left and could really use my cards once I get to Thailand after this.

Here's hoping it all works out!

Update:  After numerous long phone calls with bank representatives I have finally worked something out to possibly have a card sent here or maybe just waiting for me at the airport. But in better karma news, the day after I lost my wallet I was given a very generous tip by some guests I did work with.  Money comes and money goes and in the end it always all works out. Svaha!!/स्वाहा (sanskrit for "so be it")

No comments:

Post a Comment